It was my birthday! I cant even believe I'm supposed to be 21 now. Thats crazy.
My birthday was SO good. We emailed and then we went bowling with all of our missionary friends from Racine and Kenosha. Bowling party for 14 people? Why, yes please! It's become a tradition to go bowling on my birthday. I did it last year, and I did it this year.
It was so much fun. I bowled the greatest game I've ever done. It was a birthday miracle, I tell ya!
4 people left by the time we could take this pic...
Okay, I forgot that myldsmail hate missionaries and I can only send inline pictures like once per email.
The rest of the day on my birthday was so good. We had dinner with the Costabiles and I even got to blow out 21 candles on a birthday cake! And I did it in one breath!
This week was so good. We've tracted a lot. It finally snowed and got cold. We were supposed to have a baptism, but that didnt work out. I guess that doesnt go under the "why the week was so good" category. But it was part of the week. Tessa has kinda fallen off the face of the planet. We're pretty sure she is keeping some secrets because she hasnt come to church or made any of our appointments and shes kinda avoiding us. Hopefully we can get in contact with her soon and try to figure out why she wasnt ready for her baptism.
We partied really hard on New Years. We had dinner with the Furner family and had missionary correlation meeting and set some goals for the new year and were home by 9:30 and went to bed at 10:30. Living life on the edge. haha. But it was actually really fun. The Furners are a great family. I dont understand how they are still living on the earth right now...they are practically perfect. They should be taken straight up to heaven. haha. They really are just so good and do so much for us missionaries and our investigators and the ward and their family. They are truly an example to me.
Its finally cold here. There's a wind chill advisory right now. We arent allowed to have any skin exposed for more than 15 minutes. So....our plans of building a snowman probably wont happen today. Its cold. I kinda love it. It feels like a Wisconsin winter FINALLY. I came into the worst winter in 20 years and this year has been super mild, so I've been pretty disappointed. But now its here and I'm kinda eating my words. haha.
I am excited for this year. Its going to be so good. I made some goals to work on my personal prayers and to make them more earnest and sincere and meaningful. I feel like doing so will help me in all other aspects of my life, whether I'm a missionary or not.
Love you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment