Monday, January 12, 2015

I'm in Racine 12/22/2014

Hey, friends! This email is going to be super sucky because I feel sicker than the hills and any level of motivation and concentration I had previously is completely shot.

Leaving Lake Mills was hard. As I was driving out of town I had to keep telling myself not to bawl my face off. I came real close a couple of times, but I kept it together. I didnt get to see everyone that I wanted to before we left, but thats okay, cause I'll see them again. 

But. Good news! I also Love Racine! 

This place is soooo different than Lake Mills. There's like....diversity. haha. Yeah, it's kinda ghetto, but way less scary than everyone makes it sound. So far we've been able to teach a whole variety of people. 

And we live with members!!! Thats weird. But awesome too cause its like....a home. 

We get to attend the Spanish branch, which is a dream come true. They had their Christmas party on Friday and it was claaaaaaasic and awesome. Lots of good food. Spanish music. Happy people. A pinata. Perfect. We combined with the Milwaukee Spanish branch too, so I got to see some missionary friends. We sang a christmas song with the branch president's family and the Racine and Kenosha Spanish Elders. Highlight of my day. Reminded me of home. Heres a link to watch it:

We were teaching a recent convert named Kayla and after 30 seconds of being there, her 5 year old nephew grabbed my hand and said, "You're going to be my laaaaady." *insert melted heart here* 

We taught primary on Sunday in the Racine Ward and it was the greatest thing ever. We taught the 7 and 8 year old kids and they were just hilarious. The lesson was on Christmas and the true meaning of it and those kids were spot on. So cute. I asked them why they thought it was important to  celebrate Jesus' birth and one little girl raised her hand and says, "Uhm. Because He's our Savior...?" and so I asked them what they thought the word savior meant, and another little boy raised his hand and says, "Uhm. Someone who....saves...people...?" Gah! So precious. We talked about the Wise Men and how they knew that baby Jesus was going to be someone really important because they probably read scriptures about him coming and they went, "WHHHAAAAAT?! There is a scripture that tells the future?!?!?!?" They were excited about that one. (:

There is NO snow on the ground. And apparently we arent going to have a white christmas. :((( Pray that it snows here, friends. We all want a white Christmas. 

I wish I had energy to write more. But I think I'm gonna go hurl now. Just kidding. Kinda. 

No comments:

Post a Comment