Monday, February 2, 2015

Jan 20, 2015 (where did January go?) 1/20


Hey!

This week was a really good week! This email wont be very long because we couldn't email yesterday since the libraries were closed for MKLJ day and we have to be at District Meeting in an few.


Monday was a fun Pday. The elders had a nerf war. It was pretty epic. We had a lesson with Cheryl Johnson and her family and that was legit. He husband recently returned to activity, and he was on fire. She is less active too and is struggling with a lot of t hings, and he ended up being a big help to her. It was cool because he like literally had JUST started coming back. Like..the past two weeks. But he knows its true and good and he knows how much living the gospel blesses him. 

We saw Fred twice this week. . He is SO cool. We taught him a bit of the Plan of Salvation, but he had questions about so many things that we didnt get very far. They were super good questions though and I'm glad we had time to help him. He struggles with things and keeping the faith, and so I asked him to read 2 Nephi 4 when he had time. He opened up to it and says, "Hey! That the page I'm on!" Which means in 1 week he had read 63 pages. Thats legit. This guy is so prepared. We taught the rest of the Plan of Salvation on Saturday and it went really well. Then he went to a get-together at a members house and apparently had a super fun time and even sang for everyone. We didnt know he sang. 

We werent able to go to said party because we went to a baptism in the spanish branch. That was really cool. Little Yudiria got baptized! Her father is really against the church and swore she would never be allowed to get baptized while she was under 18. She had been praying since she was 6 years old for her dads heart to softened so she could get baptized. Isnt that the tenderest thing ever? She was precious. She came to the church without any baptismal clothes and without any idea how the actual ordinance worked. I helped her pick a dress and braid her hair back and she asked me to stand by the steps in the font while the ordinance was performed. It was so precious. And of course, anything said or done in spanish is 100% prettier and more spiritual than in english. 

I also made a little friend named Chase who is 3 years old and only speaks spanish. We get along great because I can speak 3-year-old spanish pretty fluently, actually...its probably all I speak. 

We had interviews with President this week too. It was a little crazy that it was my last one before like the... "go home, stay active, and get married in the temple" interview I will have in three weeks. But it was good. I usually bawl my face off for who-knows-why, but I didnt! I've had a lot of experiences this week where I was able to see how much I have grown. Some of them are silly things and some of them are awesome spiritual things. 

One of said silly experiences was when we got TOTALLY stuck in some snow in a ditch. Sister Escobar tried to turn and we ended up in like 3 feet of snow. We were STUCK. BUT! This Arizona girl knew what to do. I got the floor mats from the back seats and got them under the wheels after digging out the front half of the car. We had to call the elders to help me push, because I am weak. But I totally didnt freak out. Usually, I would. But I was calm and collected and it was kinda funny, actually. 

This week is going to be awesome too. We will try to stay out of snow banks though (;

No comments:

Post a Comment